How choose the most suitable automation for your gate
The automation of the gate is an essential accessory in homes and modern buildings.
Thanks to the automatic gate is no longer necessary get off the car to get into your home, and this, as well as a convenience, has become an option which ensures greater safety of person, and does increase the property value.
The right choice to automate a sliding gate must be made on the basis of simple parameters:
- Weight of the gate
- Type of use : Residential,Condominium or Industrial
- Number of operations per day or number of users
So considering the various possibilities we can distinguish three large case series:
- Gate of small dimensions in simplex or duplex context: in this case, the ideal is an automation for residential use capable of driving gates up to 500 or 800 kg.
- Frequent use in communal environment: in case of intensive use, exist automatisms capable of handling frames up to 1200 kg even at low voltage.
- Intensive use for large windows: for medium and large sliding gates and multi-user environments, it is possible to choose automations designed for frames from 12q, 18q, 20q, 25q and up to 40q. Both single and three phase.
When choosing an automation, remember to make sure your system meets the current standards EN 12454/12453 (preferably the gate also has the CE plate already) and where you can, choose a low voltage automation that uses the Encoder technology (for greater control of thrust force) and which will also allow you to use an optional battery in cases of power failure.
Given the wide choice of operators to automate a sliding gate, Tau always recommend consulting a professional installer who, after a brief on-site inspection, will be able to advise you.
It is a good practice making an automation check every 6 or 12 months, depending on the use, by a specialist.